1. About these terms
2. Information about us and how to contact us
We are Adaptics Ltd., trading as Drop (or “we” or “us” or “our“), a company registered in the Republic of Ireland. Our company office is at The Priory, John St. West, Dublin 8, Ireland.
The App, created and developed by us, is used to register a Drop User Profile, supply interactive recipe content, and operate connected appliances, including but not limited to our connected kitchen scale, Drop Scale.
The Platform, also created and developed by us, comprises other products and services besides the app, including but not limited to Drop Creator (a web application), and our website, getdrop.com.
If we have to contact you, we will do so by sending you an email at the address provided by you during the registration process (please see paragraph 4).
3. Your use of the App
The App allows you amongst other things to:
- register with the App Services, which creates your Drop User Profile;
- operate your connected appliances with our platform, for example, the Kenwood kCook Multi Smart, Bosch ovens with Home Connect, GE Appliances wifi-connected ovens, and Drop Scale;
- follow recipes in a step-by-step manner;
- upload your own recipes by using the Drop Creator web application;
- review and comment on recipes, wherein those comments and reviews are attributed to your Drop User Profile;
- undertake provisioning and pairing of connected appliances; and
- connect to and share recipes on social media websites,
together, the “Services“.
You must only use the App in order to perform the Services. You must not:
- be below the age of 16;
- upload content that you do not own;
- collect or harvest any information or data from the Platform or attempt to read any messages or information not meant for you;
- act fraudulently or maliciously (which includes hacking into or inserting malicious code, viruses or harmful data into the Platform);
- collect or harvest any information or data from the App or our systems or attempt to read any messages or information not meant for you;
- undertake any activity which infringes (or has the risk of infringing) our intellectual property rights or any third party’s intellectual property rights related to the App (including by attempting to build an app that is the same or similar to the App); or
- carry out any activity which damages or may damage our reputation, or harms, threatens, or harasses us or any other person or organization.
4. User registration for remote appliance operation and recipe access
In order to remotely operate a connected appliance, and/or access recipes with the Platform, you must register with Drop using the App, which creates a Drop User Profile.
We will require a valid email address for this purpose. The email address and other information you provide will be stored securely on Amazon web servers in accordance with their latest published Privacy Notice.
When registering with us, you are responsible that the information given for your Drop User Profile (together with any other information which you may from time to time provide to us, whether as part of the registration process or otherwise) is complete, true, accurate and not misleading.
You are also responsible for notifying us of any changes to such information, in order to ensure that your Drop User Profile is up-to-date. We will protect your account using an email address and password system.
You must ensure that you have appropriate security measures in place to ensure that:
- any email address and password that you choose or we allocate to you is used only by you; and
- the security and confidentiality of your email address and password is maintained at all times and not disclosed to other individuals or third parties.
We may change the App in order to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, and/or to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example, to address a security threat. These changes will not affect your use of the App. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes. We may change the Services available through the Platform from time to time, in such ways as adding or removing App features.
We may also ask you to update the App for the reasons set out above. If you choose not to install such updates, or if you opt out of automatic updates, you may not be able to continue using the App and the Services.
We will not charge you to download, install or use the App, but you acknowledge and agree that you may be charged by your mobile phone network operator or telecommunications provider for internet access on your device, which is required for use of the app.
Therefore, you accept responsibility for any charges levied by your mobile phone network operator or telecommunications provider relating to your use of the App on your device.
7. Intellectual property rights
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. The intellectual property rights in the App are owned by us or duly licensed by third parties. All such rights are reserved.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
8. User-generated content and content ownership:
After uploading a recipe using our web application, Drop Creator, you have the option to share your own recipes, and recipes from other online or print sources, with our community of users, in the Drop Recipe Format.
If you wish to submit a recipe for publication in the App, we will require an image of that recipe as a component of the submission. By submitting a recipe, you verify that you have the right to reproduce that image.
If we have reason to believe that you do not own the image, we will contact you by email (that which you have used to register your Drop User Profile), and the recipe will not be published in the app until you confirm.
A published recipe will be available for use by all users of the Drop Platform and will be attributed to your Drop User Profile.
Drop reserves the right to share recipes you submit to the app on our social media platforms and in email marketing.
9. Adherence to Community Guidelines:
In addition to creating and publishing User Generated Content, your Drop User Profile allows you to leave reviews and comments on recipes within the app. By doing so, you agree to act in accordance with our community guidelines, published in full here.
We will remove your content from the app immediately upon discovering a violation of these guidelines, which include the prohibition of plagiarism, derogatory comments toward other users, spam, and the use of profane language.
10. Providing the App
You acknowledge and agree that the operation of the App is dependent upon the proper and effective functioning of the internet and other third party equipment and services, and that we do not guarantee and will not be liable for these in any way.
If your download of the App is delayed by an event outside our control, then we will take steps to minimize the effect of the delay. We will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
We require certain information from you so you can download the App, for example, registration information. This will have been stated in the description of the App on our website, the Apple App Store or the Android Play Store. Even if you download the app to your device, without this information, we will not provide you access to the App’s Services.
11. Availability of the Platform
We do not guarantee that our Platform, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our app, website, or web applicaton for business or operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
12. If there is a problem with the Platform
If you have any questions or complaints about the App or another aspect of the Platform, please contact us. You can contact our customer service team at email@example.com
We will not be liable for personal injury, or any incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages, including damages for loss of profits, loss of data, business interruption or any other commercial damages or losses, arising out of or related to your use of (or inability to use) the App.
We supply the App for domestic and private use. If you use the App for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
13. How we may use your personal information
14. Other important terms
Links. From time to time, the App may include links to third party websites, for example, to direct you to the source of a given recipe. These links are provided for your convenience only and do not signify that we endorse such third party websites.
We do not review such third party websites and you acknowledge and agree that:
- we are not responsible for such websites, including the terms on which such websites are made available and the privacy policies of such websites, and we do not control their content or availability;
- we make no representation, warranty or condition, either express or implied, in relation to any goods or services or information received from such websites; and
- if you access any such websites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
These terms are governed by the Laws of the Republic of Ireland and you can bring legal proceedings thereto.