Drop is a fast-growing, venture-backed team of human-computer interaction specialists with a love of great food who are working with the biggest kitchen appliance brands in the world to deliver the experience that removes the friction from the whole food-making process.
Eating food is part of our social fabric and a core part of a healthy body and mind. The experience of making food is now so daunting, ambiguous and friction-filled that people are being forced to turn to takeout, deliveries, and meal kits which ultimately leave you unfilled and unhealthy.
Our mission is to empower and inspire anyone to cook delicious food by connecting the world’s recipes and appliances — all orchestrated through a magical user experience.
We started with our own smart kitchen devices that integrate with the critically acclaimed Drop Recipes app. We have since launched partnerships with Bosch, Electrolux, GE Appliances, Kenwood, and LG Electronics, with many more to be announced in the near future. Each appliance and recipe partner we connect brings us one step closer to being the de facto KitchenOS.
Key focus for Drop
- Create a delightful consumer experience
- Deliver deep integrations for the largest appliance manufacturers in the world
- Bring the world’s favorite recipes onto the platform via NLP and ML
What will I be doing?
- Must have scaled large teams (20+ engineers min) in a high-growth environment, either as VPE at a growing startup or entrepreneurial/growth division head of a larger tech company
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire a talented and creative tech team to perform at the highest level
- 12+ years of overall engineering experience, 6+ spent in managing and scaling teams
- Proven ability to efficiently manage all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Excellent working knowledge of web applications (frontend, backend, databases, scaling), mobile, embedded software
- Experience working on large scale, high-traffic sites
- Excellent knowledge of best practices and software design patterns
- Strong Agile development background with a focus on TDD and quality process automation
- Prior development experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Objective C, Swift, Kotlin or Java
– Backend software development of large-scale, distributed systems, IoT
– Mobile software development (preferred: consumer applications)
– Experience running software services on Amazon Web Services
– Experience with NLP and machine learning
– A passion for making and eating food
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know why you’re excited about this role and believe it’s a fit for the next step in your career
Know a friend who could be interested?
Share this opportunity with them!