Drop is a fast-growing, venture-backed team of human-computer interaction specialists with a love of great food who are working with the biggest kitchen appliance brands in the world to deliver the experience that removes the friction from the whole food-making process.
Food is a core part of our social fabric, and eating well is essential for a healthy body and mind. But when busy people struggle to the find the time or inspiration to cook their own meals at home, they turn to takeout, delivery or meal kits — a habit which turns eating three wholesome meals a day into an unhealthy, expensive and ultimately unsatisfying cycle.
Our mission is to empower and inspire anyone to cook delicious food by connecting the world’s recipes and appliances — all orchestrated through a magical user experience.
We started with our own smart kitchen devices that integrate with the critically acclaimed Drop Recipes app. We have since launched partnerships with Instant Pot, Panasonic, Bosch, Electrolux, GE Appliances, Kenwood, and LG Electronics, with many more to be announced in the near future. Each appliance and recipe partner we connect brings us one step closer to being the de facto KitchenOS.
About the role
The User Experience Lead will own the user research function within the Drop Product and Design team, reporting toThey will be responsible for the Drop User Testing Lab and also look to establish additional channels of customer insight in order to make sure that development work at Drop is aligned with the needs of our core customer design persona.
The successful candidate will also work with cross-functional teams to develop solutions that increase customer engagement and retention, as well as playing a key role in ensuring that new Drop capabilities provide a world-class user experience.
- Run the Drop User Testing Lab: recruit suitable user test subjects, formulate test approaches and socialise key findings within Drop
- Create and apply best practice to concept designs and prototypes for desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- Develop UX strategy, develops customer scenarios, conducts journey mapping and collaborates on persona development
- Collaborate with Product/Engineering teams, and clients to apply data and insights to UX design decisions
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to existing, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
- A design-related Degree
- 3-5 years industry experience working on mobile applications
- A strong user research background with experience of formulating and running user testing projects
- Familiarity with standard UX toolset (Sketch, InVision or equivalent)
- Understanding of current UX principles, best practices, latest design trends
- Experience & functional understanding of material design
- Proficient at creating UX artifacts and deliverables
- Participation in generating wireframes, lo-fi/hi-fi/interactive prototypes, user flows, and site architecture
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- An interest in food and home kitchen technology
- Experience working on IOT/connected technology projects
- Experience working on consumer hardware products
What is it like working at Drop?
How to apply
Know a friend who could be interested?
Share this opportunity with them!