Drop is a fast-growing startup with offices in Dublin, Zaragoza, and San Francisco.
Our vision is to provide an intuitive cookbook experience for the smart kitchen, empowering anyone to make delicious food they are proud to share. With a design-led ethos, we started by building an iOS app full of premium step-by-step recipes that work seamlessly with Drop Scale to create a bit of magic in the kitchen.
We are now sharing this magic by allowing remote-enabled appliances from major kitchen brands to integrate with our platform.
To make the Drop Recipes app available to even more home cooks around the world, we need a talented front-end engineer to join our productive and ambitious engineering team.
What you will be doing every day
- Working with technical leads, engineers, designers and product owners to develop dynamic client-side web applications across most areas of our business
- Prototyping and developing new ideas and participating in all parts of the lifecycle from research to release
- Working closely with UX and Graphic Designers to turn wireframes and visual designs into working HTML/CSS prototypes
- Developing and optimizing front-end UI to ensure web applications are rendered consistently in cross-browser environments
- Staying up-to-date with innovations and changes in the smart kitchen industry
- Helping with continuous improvement in a Lean-Agile environment
- Working in an exciting startup environment
What you bring to the role
- BS or higher in Computer Science or a related major, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of real-world experience with a strong focus on front-end web development
- Excellent knowledge of Node.js, React, and Angular
- Strong coding background; experience writing production-grade code
- Excellent knowledge of HTTP and client/server paradigm with strong browser debugging abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of cloud-based platforms such as AWS
- Experience with client or server-side web performance optimization and building responsive layouts
We hope you have
- Attention to detail, with the ability to estimate accurately and complete tasks within that time
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to interpret technical and business requirements effectively
- Flexibility in attitude to take on tasks required to get the job done
- Fluency in English
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send your resume to email@example.com. Let us know why you’re excited about this role and believe it’s a fit for the next step in your career.
You should include these in your application:
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, StackOverflow, Twitter, etc.)
- A description of your work history (resume, LinkedIn profile, prose, portfolio, etc.)
Know a friend who could be interested?
Share this opportunity with them!