Drop is a fast-growing startup with offices in Dublin, Zaragoza, and San Francisco.
Our vision is to provide an intuitive cookbook experience for the smart kitchen, empowering anyone to make delicious food they are proud to share. With a design-led ethos, we started by building an iOS app full of premium step-by-step recipes that work seamlessly with Drop Scale to create a bit of magic in the kitchen.
We are now sharing this magic by allowing remote-enabled appliances from major kitchen brands to integrate with our platform.
What you will get to do every day
- Make the best use of Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions for file storage, caching, queuing, load balancing, server-less (function as a service) and configure and maintain these solutions
- Help set the standards for the development team
- Optimise solutions that meet the user load today and can scale for much larger future growth
- Develop backend software components for the mobile clients
- Work in an interdisciplinary team; mobile developers, web front-end developers, embedded engineers, QA engineers, UI/UX and Product
- Stay up-to-date with innovations and changes in the industry
- Help with continuous improvement in a Lean-Agile environment
- Work in an exciting startup environment
What you bring to the role
- Experience architecting cloud backends for mobile apps
- Comfortable working with different architectures; Microservices, Service-Oriented Architectures, Monoliths
- Extensive experience with cloud platforms, ideally AWS, otherwise Azure or Google Cloud
- Minimum 5 years experience in at least one backend language such as Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, or Java
- Significant DevOps experience. Should be comfortable selecting and configuring services and tools to help build and maintain the solution
- Good experience in Linux/Unix environments. Proficiency with the command line
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration solutions to automate build process and test execution, e.g. Jenkins
- Knowledge of database design and technologies, SQL & NoSQL
- Good knowledge and commercial experience of network protocols like WebSocket, SSE & MQTT.
- Software engineering practices such as the use of Version Control Systems (particularly Git), code reviews/pull requests and Test Driven Development
- An ability and enthusiasm for learning new technologies
- Attention to detail, with the ability to estimate accurately and complete tasks within that time
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to interpret technical and business requirements effectively
- Flexibility in attitude to take on tasks required to get the job done
- Fluency in English
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know why you’re excited about this role and believe it’s a fit for the next step in your career.
You should include these in your application:
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, StackOverflow, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your work history (resume, LinkedIn profile, prose, etc)
Know a friend who could be interested?
Share this opportunity with them!