Drop is a fast-growing, venture-backed team of human-computer interaction specialists with a love of great food who are working with the biggest kitchen appliance brands in the world to deliver the experience that removes the friction from the whole food-making process.
Food is a core part of our social fabric, and eating well is essential for a healthy body and mind. But when busy people struggle to the find the time or inspiration to cook their own meals at home, they turn to takeout, delivery or meal kits — a habit which turns eating three wholesome meals a day into an unhealthy, expensive and ultimately unsatisfying cycle.
Our mission is to empower and inspire anyone to cook delicious food by connecting the worlds recipes and appliances — all orchestrated through a magical user experience.
We started with our own smart kitchen devices that integrate with the critically acclaimed Drop Recipes app. We have since launched partnerships with Bosch, Electrolux, GE Appliances, Kenwood, LG Electronics and Thermomix with many more to be announced in the near future. Each appliance and recipe partner we connect brings us one step closer to being the de facto KitchenOS.
About the role
This exciting role is an opportunity for an experienced Product Owner to work in the IoT space at a fast-growing company with offices in San Francisco, California; Dublin, Ireland and Zaragoza, Spain.
The successful applicant will work closely with a number of connected appliance brands to define product experiences that will help home cooks be more successful, and to cook food more.
This role will be based in Drop’s Zaragoza office, working with an agile development team responsible for Drop’s partner solutions. You will report to Drop’s Dublin-based Head of Product.
- Work with partners/customers to understand their needs, and translate these requirements into the agile team’s prioritized backlog
- Work with project and account management teams to make sure the backlog delivers all ‘Statement of Work’ commitments
- Provide product vision and direction to the agile development team
- Ensure that the agile team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Provide detailed user stories to the agile team, based on priority backlog items
- Work closely with rest of the Product Management team to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning of product releases and set expectation for delivery of new features
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful completion of release/sprint goals
- Work with the Drop user researcher to gain important insights into customer behavior through regular product testing
- Work to become a domain expert in all things connected kitchen
- Keep abreast with agile/scrum best practices and new trends
- Fluent in English
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for at least 3 years
- Degree-level eduction
- In-depth knowledge of agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intellectually curious
- A creative thinker with a vision
- An attention to detail
- Experience with Software as a Service
- Experience working in food tech or a related field
What is it like working at Drop?
How to apply
Know a friend who could be interested?
Share this opportunity with them!