Drop is a fast-growing, venture-backed team of human-computer interaction specialists with a love of great food who are working with the biggest kitchen appliance brands in the world to deliver the experience that removes the friction from the whole food-making process.
Food is a core part of our social fabric, and eating well is essential for a healthy body and mind. But when busy people struggle to the find the time or inspiration to cook their own meals at home, they turn to takeout, delivery or meal kits — a habit which turns eating three wholesome meals a day into an unhealthy, expensive and ultimately unsatisfying cycle.
Our mission is to empower and inspire anyone to cook delicious food by connecting the world’s recipes and appliances — all orchestrated through a magical user experience.
We started with our own smart kitchen devices that integrate with the critically acclaimed Drop Recipes app. We have since launched partnerships with Bosch, Electrolux, GE Appliances, Kenwood, and LG Electronics, with many more to be announced in the near future. Each appliance and recipe partner we connect brings us one step closer to being the de facto KitchenOS.
About the role
The right candidate for this role will have a deep culinary expertise with a finger on the pulse of the food industry, combined with the technical and analytical know-how needed to make Drop the go-to source for high-quality recipes that match our users’ diverse needs.
You will classify and organize the recipe catalog, identify gaps and direct content acquisition efforts, and decide what recipe content to distribute to different user segments and locales in order to maximize relevancy and engagement.
This position calls for someone who understands the art and science of bringing the right recipe content to the right users, at scale. You will be responsible for the relevancy and efficiency of the recipe catalog as a whole and making sure that our users always find the recipes they are looking for.
- Devise strategy for recipe catalog growth, organization and management
- Bundle recipes in creative and engaging ways for email, in-app, social and web distribution
- Identify and communicate recipe acquisition focus to content, data science and business development teams
- Work with partner brands and publishers to bring on new recipes to the platform
- Prioritize catalog growth, making sure that we always add the most impactful content first
- Create and maintain processes for measuring and reporting on the performance of recipe content from different authors, collections, appliance categories and types, and locales
- Identify bloggers and publishers whose content best matches our audiences, region by region
- Manage an editorial calendar in collaboration with content and social media team members
- Work with the QA team to ensure that all recipes that get published in the Drop Recipes app live up to our users’ high expectations
- Ensure that our recipe catalog is aligned with our value propositions and product positioning
- Stay on top of the latest food trends
- Define content-related OKRs, track progress and measure impact
What is it like working at Drop?
How to apply
Know a friend who could be interested?
Share this opportunity with them!