Drop is a fast-growing startup with offices in Dublin, Zaragoza, and San Francisco.
Our vision is to provide an intuitive cookbook experience for the smart kitchen, empowering anyone to make delicious food they are proud to share. With a design-led ethos, we started by building an iOS app full of premium step-by-step recipes that work seamlessly with Drop Scale to create a bit of magic in the kitchen.
We are now sharing this magic by allowing remote-enabled appliances from major kitchen brands to integrate with our platform.
Drop is looking for a natural language processing engineer to design and build scalable and performant text processing pipelines.
Are you a natural language processing expert with a love of food culture? Would you relish applying your skills to problems such as recipe ingestion, recipe translation, and voice interfaces for the smart kitchen?
We are working hard to build the operating system that will adapt all the world’s recipes to all the appliances, tools and services in the kitchen of the future.
- Leading data mining and natural language processing projects through creation, evaluation, testing and continuous improvement
- Working closely with other team members on the development and support of projects
- Keeping up with recent advances in natural language processing, machine-learning and big data processing
- Highly motivated and self-driven with experience developing highly scalable NLP / ML / Big Data components within large product team
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in computer science, statistics or mathematics
- Strong experience with commonly available tools and infrastructures for natural language processing, text mining, machine learning and data processing
- Experience implementing scalable natural language processing engines (with a special focus on semantic understanding and knowledge modelling)
- Strong understanding of text pre-processing techniques, such as tokenisation, POS tagging and parsing and how they work at a low level.
- Strong knowledge of Python, and general software development skills (source code management, debugging, testing, deployment, etc.)
- Expertise in producing, processing, evaluating and utilising training data.
- Experience building software that deals with noisy, poorly structured text data
- Experience and interest in Machine Learning for Natural Language Processing
- A keen interest in food, cooking and recipes in particular
- Fluency in at least 2 natural languages, experience of multilingual NLP is a plus
- Interest in voice interfaces and voice interface design
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send your resume to email@example.com. Let us know why you’re excited about this role and believe it’s a fit for the next step in your career
Know a friend who could be interested?
Share this opportunity with them!