Drop is a fast-growing, venture-backed team of human-computer interaction specialists with a love of great food who are working with the biggest kitchen appliance brands in the world to deliver the experience that removes the friction from the whole food-making process.
Food is a core part of our social fabric, and eating well is essential for a healthy body and mind. But when busy people struggle to the find the time or inspiration to cook their own meals at home, they turn to takeout, delivery or meal kits — a habit which turns eating three wholesome meals a day into an unhealthy, expensive and ultimately unsatisfying cycle.
Our mission is to empower and inspire anyone to cook delicious food by connecting the world’s recipes and appliances — all orchestrated through a magical user experience.
We started with our own smart kitchen devices that integrate with the critically acclaimed Drop Recipes app. We have since launched partnerships with Bosch, Electrolux, GE Appliances, Kenwood, and LG Electronics, with many more to be announced in the near future. Each appliance and recipe partner we connect brings us one step closer to being the de facto KitchenOS.
About the role
Drop is looking for a frontend engineer to work closely with our Platform and Design teams to deliver cutting-edge applications. You will deliver innovative features for our partners, combining IoT devices and step-by-step recipes provided by our platform with modern design patterns and best practices. You will get to work on a greenfield project and enjoy working in a fast-paced and challenging — but rewarding — environment.
Drop’s main product is Kitchen OS, a system that interacts with IoT devices, third-party services, customer-facing apps, and web tools while maintaining a strong brand identity. In such an environment, you will need to coordinate and work together with other teams taking care of individual components.
You’ll be based in our Dublin office and report to the Projects Team Lead.
- Write well-formatted, testable and clean code
- Participate in discussions with team members and partners about technical best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions
- Optimize the web applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with UX designers to ensure the best experience for customers
- Research and promote industry best standards
- 3+ years experience in the development of dynamic, complex frontend web solutions
- Experience with responsive web design methods
- Experience with Git/Version Control
- Comfortable with Agile Software Development practices
- Familiar with client side state management solutions (Redux, Mobx, NgRx)
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience working with JS profiling to write high performance client side applications
- Working knowledge of WebSockets, MQTT or other messaging protocols
- Experience working with Progressive Web Apps
- Familiar with WPE (Webkit for embedded devices)
- Experience from CI/CD development practices
In 3 months, you’ll have gained an understanding of the main components of the apps, being able to deliver improvements and new functionalities driven by quarterly team objectives.
In 6 months, you’ll have delivered a functionality that impacted the achievement of the company goals for 2020, and significant contribution in the maintenance and the quality of the codebase.
What is it like working at Drop?
How to apply
Know a friend who could be interested?
Share this opportunity with them!