Drop is a fast-growing, venture-backed team of human-computer interaction specialists with a love of great food who are working with the biggest kitchen appliance brands in the world to deliver the experience that removes the friction from the whole food-making process.
Food is a core part of our social fabric, and eating well is essential for a healthy body and mind. But when busy people struggle to the find the time or inspiration to cook their own meals at home, they turn to takeout, delivery or meal kits — a habit which turns eating three wholesome meals a day into an unhealthy, expensive and ultimately unsatisfying cycle.
Our mission is to empower and inspire anyone to cook delicious food by connecting the world’s recipes and appliances — all orchestrated through a magical user experience.
We started with our own smart kitchen devices that integrate with the critically acclaimed Drop Recipes app. We have since launched partnerships with Instant Pot, Panasonic, Bosch, Electrolux, GE Appliances, Kenwood, and LG Electronics, with many more to be announced in the near future. Each appliance and recipe partner we connect brings us one step closer to being the de facto KitchenOS.
About the role
We are looking for a senior backend developer, with strong Java and Python skills, to join our team of data scentists, research engineers and content specialists to drive the next phase of development of our Recipe Understanding Platform.
You will work within a cross functional team to design, develop, deploy and operate a large-scale, business critical data processing platform that leverages machine learning to understand and deliver all recipes that Drop’s customers want, in Drop’s patented smart format.
You will be comfortable working in an autonomous and agile team whose success is determined by the business impact of the features that you are prioritizing and delivering, the quality and stability of your code base and your ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines and geographies (Zaragoza and San Francisco offices.)
- Build robust and scalable software in Java and Python
- Design and create services and system architecture in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Provide solutions by making use of open-source or SaaS tools or implementing your own
- Improve how ML and engineering work seamlessly together at scale
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Previous experience working in production environments and distributed systems development.
- Experience with event-driven engineering projects and technologies
- Experience with data-processing / Big Data ETL technologies.
- Effective communicator and collaborator across product, engineering and data science peers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way
- Excellent time management
What is it like working at Drop?
How to apply
Know a friend who could be interested?
Share this opportunity with them!